When uploading files into Microsoft Teams, there are a few gotchas that I wasn’t aware of until I recently tried moving some data into a new Team. I thought sharing these may be of use to others as well.
- If you are moving lots of data, you can only upload 10 files at a time
- The files have to contain content…no empty text documents, for example (although not sure why you’d need these anyway.)
- By default in the Teams client, you will lose any folder structure if doing a wholesale move of files. You can manually create the folder before copying files or use a workaround
- The maximum file size is 15GB. More information about the storage limits can be found in Microsoft documentation.
- Since these files are just housed in SharePoint Online on the backend, the normal SPO limits apply.
Do you have more tips? Let’s continue the discussion on Twitter by tweeting @millh0use!